Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews

Hiya! The Layered Column Dress lured me into Anthro this weekend. Of course, while I was there, I couldn't resist trying on some other pretty dresses. So, here we go . . . 

Layered Column Dress, tried it on in an XS as it was the only size they had available in my store. I'm usually a S, so I had to squeeze into it, but the stretchy, spandexy fabric made it an easy task. This dress is so Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham, and by that I don't mean that I'm wearing a satellite dish on my head to get better signal reception from the aliens, but rather, it is very structured and form fitting. It's flattering and hugs your body in all the right places, but I decided to pass on it. I like my dresses more free flowy. I'd say stick to your regular size on this one. 



Mystery Dress. Since I haven't been checking out Anthro's site lately, I haven't the slightest idea what this dress is called. So I'll call it the Zig Zag dress. The tag says it's Plenty by Tracy Reese. The original price was $158, after the 1st cut it was $89.95 and after the 2nd cut it was $39.95. This Ziggy baby came home with momma. I seem to have a penchant for jersey dresses. If you loved the Walkway or Pezza, you'll love this Ziggy too! And since mostly all the Missoni for Target goodies are sold out, I can just pretend this is a Missoni. Hah! Size below is a S and I'm usually a size 2-4. Fits TTS.











Again, forgive me for being clueless, but I have no idea what this top is called. So I'll call it Janis Joplin. Tried it on in a size S. On sale for $39.95. If you look at the 2nd shot below, you'll see the lovely sparkly, sequins in the front! Sequins = Cher, so I'd say this top is Janis Joplin meets Cher. Fits TTS.
Love! Bought! Yayness!
***Update: Thanks to Roxy's comment, I now know this top is called the Beekeeper Blouse. Thanks Roxy!







Interspersed Ponte Dress in plum (also comes in black). They were out of size S, so I tried this on in a M. It's a gorgeous dress, so Kate Winslet. The lace capped sleeves are darling. The fabric is a blend of wool and nylon and I found it to be very itchy. I have sensitive skin, but if you wore a slip under it, Voila! problem fixed.  









No idea what this dress is called but it was on the sale rack. Many sizes available in stores. Fits TTS.


*Cue Looney Tunes music* To quote Porky Pig ~ "Th-th-th-that's all folks!"

7 comments:

  1. The steals you scored have inspired me to visit Anthro! Love the zig zag dress, and love the price even more! I also love love love the layered column dress. I'm thinking it would be perfect with tights for an upcoming fall wedding I'm attending. Just wondering if it will be as flattering on a curvy girl!

    xo,
    Lauren
    mildmediumhot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay it's always goo to hear from you!
    How come you are a size S? no that there is anything wrong with it but you look SOO tiny, more like XXS :D
    Today I also went to our Anthro to try on few things and waiting patiently for sale time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I the love the layered column dress, but I don't know if I could rock a slim-fitting all over dress. You look fantastic in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the zigzag dress, looks so very cozy -- yes, very Missoni and probably cost less than even the Target Missoni! Nice to have you blogging again, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The top is the Beekeeper Blouse. :) It looks cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, So glad you are posting again. I love that zigzag dress on your. My problem with Layered Column Dress is the awkward length. I think it might be difficult to walk with fitted form and the length passing the knee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look hawt in the column dress. If you change your mind, know that you *can* rock it. I like the Missoni-esque dress on you, too.

    ReplyDelete