Dress for Sale, Bicycle Necklaces, Sh*t My Dad Says (a book)

It's only 3 pm which means there's 6 more hours of daylight. WOOT! WOOT! I LOVE SUMMER!!! Oh, and this dress I'm wearing is for sale. It's from Anthropologie (bought it over a year ago), a size 2, excellent condition and it's $75 shipped. This dress refuses to zip up after I've gobbled up 1 or 2 bean burritos . . . okay, maybe more like 4 bean burritos. What can I say? I love  bean burritos and I'm not willing to give 'em up. If you're interested, leave a comment with your email addy and I'll get in touch with you.




And now, I'm officially over bird necklaces. Hah! I've found something even better . . . BICYCLE NECKLACES. Check out these whimsical pieces from Anthro.



 The necklace above is called the Ten-Speed necklace and it's already sold out on Anthro's site, but it's still in stores. I've also found some other more affordable alternatives . . .

Monserat De Lucca Brass Bicycle Necklace, 29" $65


Bicycle Watch Necklace $9.80

 

Now on to what I'm currently reading. This book has me LMAO and it's called Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern. Yes, that is the title and it's a #1 NY Times Bestseller! Here are my fav quotes from the book:

ON MY BLOODY NOSE
What happened? Did somebody punch you in the face?!... The what? The air is dry? Do me a favor and tell people you got punched in the face. 

ON THE MEDICINAL EFFECT OF BACON
You worry too much. Eat some bacon... What? No, I got no idea if it'll make you feel better, I just made too much bacon.  




And before I bid thee farewell, I leave you with this video from The Office . . .

27 comments:

  1. Dang, you are one tall glass of water! When you say Rubenesque, you mean Ruben post-Atkins, right? The shoes are so cute too. And the necklaces are adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book sounds hilarious! Makes me want to read more (to distract me from shopping)...bicycle necklaces, how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please email me at suejones2534 at yahoo.com. I'm interested in the dress and have some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Mwarhahahahaha, that video is a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa!! Aww, my your outfit is pure prettiness. Those shoes are absolutely darling! You sure you want to sell that pretty dress?? Hey, i don't think i could give up burritos either ;-)
    I think those bicycle necklaces are quirky and adorable. I can't believe that F21 one is $1.50! Actually, i CAN believe it as I was just there a couple of weeks ago and pretty much bought out the whole jewellery section. Uh-oh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those necklaces are super cute! I wish I could fit into your dress. They are darn gorgeous on you. I m willing to give up burrito for it if I could squeeze in, but I think it will take more than burritos, haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, those bicycle necklaces are precious! Haha, I also love the Office. Was that the health insurance episode?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y - yep, that sure was the health insurance episode from The Office.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those bicycle necklaces! Too cute! I don't blame you one bit for not giving up the burritos:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those shoes!! I just bought a bike necklace and it's my favorite "throw on and go" necklace currently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You say you're over bird necklaces... but what if a cute one comes along?! :) The bicycle ones are really cute and right up your alley. I think the last one is my fav.

    Are they turning Sh*t My Dad Says into a TV show this fall? I could've sworn I saw commercials promoting a new show along those lines. Or maybe I'm hallucinating again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love that dress. But I have a feeling I've eaten a ton more extra bean burritos than you have : )

    And these bicycle necklaces are all so cute! I especially love the one with a watch. $5.80 for something that is both a whimsical accessory as well as timekeeper? Sold!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Sh*t my Dad says and the Office! That little laugh was just what I needed. Thanks!

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lordie, I needed a laugh. Thanks for a a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress wouldn't fit me if I ate one bit of a bean burrito. I love them too. What size were those shoes Lisa. I'll take them off your hands. I need that color of Blue in my life. And the flower detail. Can someone say Pop Up and make me sing with sweet joy. I've never seen so much gorgeous Blue in my life. I seriously think you need to keep this dress/shoe combo and cut back on the Burritos. Because it is seriously Beautiful. And even though I have never seen your face, I just know you too are beautiful.

    I don't like The Office. I love it. I have watched it many times. That scene still has me ROFL MAO! Almost peed myself. No kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look great in that dress and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that book! Beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually picked up Sh*t my Dad Says book-on-tape as light listening for a long commute, and I definitely laughed all the way to my destination. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know why but I haven't been here in forever!

    Catching up on posts now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny! And I just love those bicycle necklaces. I want to pick one up. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want a bicycle necklace. It's funny how you don't know you want something until you're faced with it:) Sh*t my dad says sounds hilarious! Nice to 'meet' you! I'm your 400th follower so let me offer you some virtual champagne. *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great dress and shoes! The bicycle necklaces are fun! Sh#t My Dad Says was made into a TV series with William Shatner, but I don't know if it's still on. Funny clip from The Office. Thanks for following me, and covering all these terrific topics in one sitting! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the bicycle necklaces! Too cute.


    Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cute dress. Too bad I'm not a smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brianna May5:59 PM

    Way behind but inlove that dress!!! Still selling it?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Brianna,
    Yes, it's still for sale. If you're interested shoot me an email - callcentergall88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete