The Verdant Half Sister at Target and a Plethora of Target Fitting Room Reviews

Holy Guacamole! Target is bringing it on with their summer dresses. Methinks they're somewhat Anthro-esque. So, without further ado, let the fitting room reviews begin . . .
***Get $5 Off Online Orders Of $50 Or More. Use code CPM5OFF50

Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Floral Cami - Jade w/ Crab Roses. $17.99. First off, doesn't this top remind you of Anthro's Verdant Slip Dress? Tried it on in a size S and it fits TTS. While the Verdant is silk, this fabric is 100% cotton. And while the colors on the Verdant are more on the muted side, and I think the colors on this top are definitely more vibrant. The print and colors just have that retro-vibe going on. Well I like it. But the hubs says it looks like grandma's curtains. Psshh! Men have no clue.





Now compare the print to Anthro's Verdant Slip Dress. $138 for Anthro's Verdant versus $17.99 for Target's Floral Cami. Hmmm, you decide. I own the Verdant, but if I didn't, I'd pick up this top. I think it would look great w. skinny jeans, shorts, even a skirt with a cardi thrown over.


This is another top that has a Verdant-look to it. The colors are just so sweet. And I can't seem to find this top on Target's site, so if' you're keen on it, check your local stores. The fabric is jersey.



Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Floral Cami also comes in a different colors and prints. $17.99






Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Racerback Smocked Waist Challis Dress - Blue/Orange Print. $21.99. Tried this on in a size S and it fits TTS. Such a darling dress and the fit is amazing. It's a tad bit short, but it still feels modest. And up close, there are tiny orange flowers splattered all over. So summery, breezy and lovely. And it comes in 3 different color combos. 



Liz Lange® for Target® Maternity Sleeveless V-Neck Knit Dress -Blue Foliage. Maternity Wear that can be worn as Regular Wear. This dress conjures up an image of Anthro's Woody Nymph Dress. It's jersey, drapes nicely and is very forgiving. Love it. Tried this on in an XS. When trying on maternity wear, it just makes sense to size down (if you're not preggers). I highly recommend this dress. And it's $27.99!



Liz Lange® for Target® Maternity Sleeveless Knit Dress. Also 27.99. I think Liz Lange makes the best maternity dresses that work for women who are preggers and not preggers. This dress is a lot like the one pictured above, but it has a delicate cowl neckline as opposed to a V neck. It is super comfy and great for moms who want to hide their lumps and bumps.  



Hmmm. Can't seem to find this number online. Tried it on in a size S and it fits TTS.

Mossimo® Women's Draped Elastic Waist Dress - Yellow Print. Also comes in blue print and in solid colors. Tried it on in a size S and it fits TTS. It was on the sale rack for $12.99.


Mossimo® Petites Draped Elastic Waist Dress - Seaweed Wrap. Same dress as above but in solid print.


Xhila Slvls Dress - Blue/Green. Tried this on in a size S. I'm 5' 4 and this dress is a little bit on the short side for me.

 


Xhila Slvls Dress - Prpls/Pnks. Same dress as above, different color. $24.99

Merona® Maternity V-Neck Ruffle Front Dress - Black/Gray Polka Dots. More maternity wear that can also be worn as regular wear. I sized down and tried this on in an XS. There are some tiny buttons down the front, along with delicate ruffles. The fabric is chiffon, which means it's polyester. But for $29.99, it's a decent dress for work.


15 comments:

  1. I was just looking at that tank on the Target site! I will have to go to an actual store though, hoping to find on that will fit me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the first two tops. Lots of lovely dresses! Thanks for sharing pics & such good details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find. My husband makes similar comment on a silk maxi dress I tried. He said it looks like a night gown...Although I give that same "what do men know about fashion" response hearing the comment, it is still enough to deter me from keeping it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that striped jersey 'maternity' dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually more attracted to the flattering fit of the Verdant than the Silk Print. Hence I have all three of Moulinette Soeurs Slip Dresses. For me, the Look-A-Like would not Fit-A-Like. But if it wasn't a problem I would go for the outstanding price and the Cotton Fabric.

    The front detail on the 2nd Verdant Look-A-Like, is so similar around the neckline, that I suspect a little copying was going on.

    I'm thinking those sweet little Maxi Dresses look so comfortable and cute on you, that you need a few hanging around as your Go-To Dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love all the maternity dresses you reviewed. To think that in the past I quickly scrolled through maternity clothes when I could have sized down! Thanks for the tip and thank you for all the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great look-a-likes to the Verdant...and at great savings. Thanks for these reviews. I might have to scope them out next time I"m at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm off to Target now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not usually a fan on Maxi dresses, but that last one you tried on is calling my name. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the second cami! I should stop by at target and check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think if I mosey'd over to the maternity section at Target with the BF in tow, he'd have himself a heart attack - I'll probably need to go alone to peruse, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every retailer just wants a piece of the Anthro pie, don't they?! Lovely reviews, and you don't happen to be making any sort of announcement by trying on maternity wear, are you?....just a-wonderin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the florals! Shame there's so Target in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Molly - I'm def not preggers =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those floral dresses! Those are definitely nice finds! I also love the maternity dress, which can be worn as a regular one. It's a practical dress, indeed!

    ReplyDelete