Bali

The movie "Eat, Pray, Love" was filmed in Bali. And I enjoyed the book as much as I adored the movie. Some of the most memorable quotes from the book are:

Giovanni (Luca Argentero): "We call it "dolce far niente", the sweetness of doing nothing."

Ketut (Habi Subiyanto): "Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart.

Liz: "So the holy truth of the whole adventure here in India, is in one line: "God dwells within you...as you." God's not interested in watching a performance of how a spiritual person looks and behaves. The quiet girl who glides silently through the place with a gentle, ethereal smile...who is that person? It's Ingrid Bergman in "The Bells of St. Mary's" – not me. God dwells within me...as me."

All the pics featured here were snapped by my hubs ~ Chris, using his Canon EOS 7D. Sit back and enjoy Bali through his lenses.











Terraced paddy fields
























 
When you visit a temple in Bali, you must be dressed appropriately ~ which means you must wear a sarong, and modest clothing. Sarongs can almost always be hired at temple gates, or you may be able to use your own if you have one. My hubby had to rent a sarong and he looked rather sensational in one. Oh, and even the statues in the temples had to be dressed modestly . . . that's why the monkey statue pictured above is draped in a sarong.




6 comments:

  1. Havn't watch the movie, but for the book, I am still stuck at Italy, never quite finish it... Too boring for me to hear this women whining. That monkey picture is too funny and your hubby had the same sense humor as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there in late July! Where did you stay? How long for? The kids were with you or did you leave them back with grandma??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing travel photos, esp when I'm not going to the destination anytime soon. I read the book. Loved it. Refuse to watch the movie. Sorry, Julia...can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are beautiful! It looks like such a gorgeous place. I loved the book so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinster - the kids stayed back w. grandma. just the hubs went. stayed at West Inn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, hubby. I loved in Ubud, Bali before moving to Thailand. I miss it terribly. I listened to Gamalan and watched dance almost every night. Fifteen minutes outside the tiny village, was two hundred years in the past. The closest place on earth to true Technicolor.

    ReplyDelete