Irish Fortune Cookies?!? And the Bloggie Awards Go To . . .

When I swanned into work after being on vacay for a month, this is what I found sitting on my desk . . .


?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Talk about diversity. An Irish Fortune Cookie?!? I guess it does sorta make sense, ya know ~ Luck o' the Irish.

On to other news . . . I've been feeling a wee bit lucky off late. While I was away, I received not 1 but 2 Bloggie Awards. Lol, I should go away more often. And the best part about receiving these awards, is that I get to give 'em away to fellow bloggie sistas. But first, thanks to Gabby of Le Petit Drapiere With Anthropologie in my Closet for the Verstalie Blogger Award and Aki of 7% Solution for the Stylish Blogger Award. You girls are total rock stars!

When you get theses awards, you're supposed to:
Thank the person who gave you the award (I did) and link back to their blog in your post (did that) . Tell 7 things about yourself (I do so at the very  bottom) and award 7 bloggers (for the Versatile Blogger Award) and 15 bloggers (for the Stylish Blogger Award) and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award. (haven't done that yet, but I plan on it in the next 2 days) Phew! Which means I have a total of 22 awards to give away!!! Woohoo! Giving is way more fun. I've always wanted to present at the Oscars, but this will have to suffice.

Alright, the bloggie awards go to . . . *cue Oscar orchestra music*
The Versatile Blogger Award (7 to give away)
1. Vintageglammz ~ Not always vintage, but always glam.
2. To Brighten My Day ~ Cee can tie a scarf 101 different ways.
3. Anthromollogies ~ the most stylish woman in the cosmic universe.
4. Gigi's Gone Shopping ~ Queen of fitting room reviews.
5. Simply Cindi ~ fashion and photography
6. Michiko Daydreams ~ An explosion of visceral colors and inspiration. And Marie's a fashion designer!
7. My Koo Kloset ~ Nadja wears what she makes!

Stylish Blogger Award (15 to give away) *cue Oscar orchestra music again*
1. Caramel Covered Everything ~ desserts and fashion. *Nom*
2. Anthro Closet Chaos ~ The most in depth Anthro reviews.
3. Object of Desire
4. Shopping on the Fly
5. Feather Factor
6. Moody Girl In Style
7. Thrifty Threads
8. What Jess Likes
9. Behind The Dressing Room Door
10. Anthrosdottir
11. Blue Paper Lanterns
12. The Saga of a Twenty Something
13. Found In My Closet
14. I Dream of Anthropologie
15. For this I am Grateful

Phew! That took me almost an hour to compile. I'm "slow."

Alrighty, now here are 7 tidbits about me . . .
1. I enjoy walking my 3 dogs but I find it mildly annoying when people ask, “Oh are you walking the dogs or are the dogs walking you?” Me: *Dry laugh*
2. I suck at sports and I’m quite the klutz.
3. I’d love to blog more about animal welfare and their plight, namely the Moon Bear Rescue headed by the Animals Asia foundation, but I’m afraid I’ll come across as some crazy PETA activist who throws paint on fur coats. Because I am so not like that.  
4. I love curling up with a good book at night right before I retire to bed. Fav books of all time – The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons and Tatiana and Alexander (the sequel).
5. I tuck into a nice big bowl of Pho noodles once a week. And I squirt on the Sriracha chili sause. Mmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
6. Fav. TV shoes ~ The Office, Frontline, Gossip Girl (still), Anthony Bourdain, Top Chef,  The Late Late show with Craig Ferguson, Top Gear, Chelsea Lately, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Flipping Out. 
7. Whenever I'm in my car, I tune in to NPR.

18 comments:

  1. Why thank you for the award....you're so sweet! I love reading your blog and look forward to more fun posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! A green fortune cookie! Well now i've seen it all.
    Thanks for awarding me with a versatile blogger award!! I enjoyed reading the things about you. I'm not a sports person either - when i was in high school and playing team sports, no one wanted to pass the ball to me or wanted me on their team. I was that bad!
    Oh yeh, i STILL watch Gossip Girl as well..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! You are the bomb dot com :) Thank you! And Pho noodles are my weakness, almost as much as good dumplings. And now all I want is some good Pho. Which my town is seriously lacking. Shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Gosh!! Thanks so much Lisa for nominating and for making me and my little blog feel special!!!
    awwwwwww I feel special now :D
    Thanks sistaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards:)

    I'm totally with you on #1 - I get asked that all. of. the. time. So annoying! I'm a big NPR fan as well. That's pretty much all I listen to. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Lisa! Well deserved and a nice surprise to come home to :) And thank you so much for nominating me. I'm truly honored... but a teeny issue with the 101... it's more like 11 ways ;)

    I heart pho, but am such a wuss! Can't handle a drop of Sriaracha sauce at all. But I do pile it on with the veggies they serve, haha.

    Any plans to watch "Something Borrowed" this weekend? I'm tempted to go because all the trailers have sucked me in, but I haven't gotten around to reading the book yet (!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, #1- made me laugh. And is also why I don't walk my dog. Kidding! He is a scottie, and gets most of his exercise walking to his food bowl. ;)
    Thanks for the award. I forgot my notes, but I will think of something to say until the music cues up.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yowza thank yOu Lisa! Am at a snoozer work conference today but will reply more thoroughly later!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost got pho for lunch today. Now I'm kicking myself! Love your little fun facts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. An award for me too? I am so flattered. You are so sweet! I love listen to NPR too, the topics are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the award! You are one of my favorite blogs to read so it's such an honor. And TOTALLY random, but The Bronze Horseman is one of my favorite books too! Did you also like the Tea Rose?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwwwww...thank you so much dear !!! I'm honoured !!

    Thanks for sharing some facts about yourself. I feel like I know you a little bit more my friend.XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl, thanks so much for the shout out. I loved reading more about you and I definitely need to try Pho noodles now with whatever that sauce is. P.S. Sports are over rated. NPR is not. so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmm...nooooodles. now I'm hungry!

    I can't live without the dose of nard-nosed hilarity that is the Daily Show and Colbert report- they have a knack for getting to the absolute ridiculosity of politics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so honored! to grace #1 spot for stylish blogger award! this is the closest thing to winning a prize for me, haha! Thanks Lisa! I feel bad, since I'm sort of revamping my blog and splitting it into 2 blogs...and trying to find a good way to organized things with my limited blog-layout skills. Aww man, I'm so shy to send out another 15 stylish awards...I might just have to accept your award quietly...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the blog award, Lisa!! You're so sweet!!!

    And green fortune cookies? WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jenni - thanks and you're welcome :)

    Jenn - I was that chick that no one wanted to pass the ball to, lol. oh, thank god high school is over. and oh yea, still hooked on GG. I'm over CHAIR. More Prince Louis! xoxo

    Alexandria - u da bomb too!

    Nadja - aww, you're welcome sista!

    Kristin - I know, people say that thinking it's such a fresh and funny joke. Um, heard that one b4 like a gajillion times. *knuckles* on NPR

    Cee - lol, well, I KNOW you can tie a scarf 101 diff ways if you put you hear to it. You're like the magic scarf fairy.
    I'm thinking about watching Something Borrowed. But maybe not this weekend. And if you do see it, make sure you still read the book coz I already know they're gonna botch the movie.

    Modernmom - scotties are such cute dogs. ok, I've stopped the music, now where's your Oscar-worthy speech?

    Erin - I'm gonna get in touch w. you sometime in the next 2 weeks.

    Inkmark - so nice to see we have that in common.

    Katherine - no way!!! *Slaps high fives* on the Bronze Horseman! That has got to be the greatest love story of all time. Plus I love books with history and war and facts. And hell yes I loved the Tea Rose too!

    Tiq - xoxo back at-cha

    Molly - yes, try it! You'll love it!

    Sarah - lol, I hear ya on the Daily Show and Colbert Report. Laughter is the best form of entertainment. for me at least.

    Olyvia - np, =) can't wait to see your new revamped blogs!

    Kimmie - de nada, and I did not eat that fortune cookie. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for bestowing a second Blog award on me. It has never crossed my mind that my reviews are notoriously in depth.

    Thanks for sharing your SEVEN. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have never experienced Pho noodles. I am sure I am missing out on something incredibley delicious.

    Your a Gem of a blogger dear lady.

    ReplyDelete