When I swanned into work after being on vacay for a month, this is what I found sitting on my desk . . .
Talk about diversity. An Irish Fortune Cookie?!? I guess it does sorta make sense, ya know ~ Luck o' the Irish.
On to other news . . . I've been feeling a wee bit lucky off late. While I was away, I received not 1 but 2 Bloggie Awards. Lol, I should go away more often. And the best part about receiving these awards, is that I get to give 'em away to fellow bloggie sistas. But first, thanks to Gabby of Le Petit Drapiere With Anthropologie in my Closet for the Verstalie Blogger Award and Aki of 7% Solution for the Stylish Blogger Award. You girls are total rock stars!
When you get theses awards, you're supposed to:
Thank the person who gave you the award (I did) and link back to their blog in your post (did that) . Tell 7 things about yourself (I do so at the very bottom) and award 7 bloggers (for the Versatile Blogger Award) and 15 bloggers (for the Stylish Blogger Award) and contact the bloggers to let them know they received the Versatile Blogger Award. (haven't done that yet, but I plan on it in the next 2 days) Phew! Which means I have a total of 22 awards to give away!!! Woohoo! Giving is way more fun. I've always wanted to present at the Oscars, but this will have to suffice.
Alright, the bloggie awards go to . . . *cue Oscar orchestra music*
The Versatile Blogger Award (7 to give away)
1. Vintageglammz ~ Not always vintage, but always glam.
2. To Brighten My Day ~ Cee can tie a scarf 101 different ways.
3. Anthromollogies ~ the most stylish woman in the cosmic universe.
4. Gigi's Gone Shopping ~ Queen of fitting room reviews.
5. Simply Cindi ~ fashion and photography
6. Michiko Daydreams ~ An explosion of visceral colors and inspiration. And Marie's a fashion designer!
7. My Koo Kloset ~ Nadja wears what she makes!
Stylish Blogger Award (15 to give away) *cue Oscar orchestra music again*
1. Caramel Covered Everything ~ desserts and fashion. *Nom*
2. Anthro Closet Chaos ~ The most in depth Anthro reviews.
3. Object of Desire
4. Shopping on the Fly
5. Feather Factor
6. Moody Girl In Style
7. Thrifty Threads
8. What Jess Likes
9. Behind The Dressing Room Door
11. Blue Paper Lanterns
12. The Saga of a Twenty Something
13. Found In My Closet
14. I Dream of Anthropologie
15. For this I am Grateful
Phew! That took me almost an hour to compile. I'm "slow."
Alrighty, now here are 7 tidbits about me . . .
1. I enjoy walking my 3 dogs but I find it mildly annoying when people ask, “Oh are you walking the dogs or are the dogs walking you?” Me: *Dry laugh*
2. I suck at sports and I’m quite the klutz.
3. I’d love to blog more about animal welfare and their plight, namely the Moon Bear Rescue headed by the Animals Asia foundation, but I’m afraid I’ll come across as some crazy PETA activist who throws paint on fur coats. Because I am so not like that.
4. I love curling up with a good book at night right before I retire to bed. Fav books of all time – The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons and Tatiana and Alexander (the sequel).
5. I tuck into a nice big bowl of Pho noodles once a week. And I squirt on the Sriracha chili sause. Mmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
6. Fav. TV shoes ~ The Office, Frontline, Gossip Girl (still), Anthony Bourdain, Top Chef, The Late Late show with Craig Ferguson, Top Gear, Chelsea Lately, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Flipping Out.
7. Whenever I'm in my car, I tune in to NPR.