Color Inspiration and Spring Spheres?!?

Guess what I've recently discovered? According to a public school teacher in Seattle, it’s politically incorrect to say Easter Eggs. She insists they be called Spring Spheres. Whhhaaaa? Eggs are not spheres! They're ellipsoid in shape, and irregular at that, since one end is more narrow than the other.
Oh, another acceptable term is Orbital Bunny Bombers.
Huh?!? So ridiculous I tell you.
Bunnies & eggs are pagan symbols of Spring's re-birth. People get secular tradition and religious customs mixed up and you get this awkward and absurd compromise.
And what do bunnies have to do with eggs? Shouldn't it be the Easter Chicken? And why am I even harping about this when Easter was last week?!?

I wore this outfit eons ago and submitted it for Molly of Anthrmollogies Color Inspiration Challenge in March. My color inspiration was the robins on the bag. Gak! I love birds so much I’m trying to turn into one. Hah! I've always been a bit of a feather brain.

Skirt ~ Anthro/ Shoes ~ Anthro/ Cardi - J.Crew/Beach Bag ~ Anthro



15 comments:

  1. Wha!! Who is this Seattle teacher. She obviously have no idea what she's talking about. :) Is she from the Seattle Public School system? hehe...if so, don't trust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is hilarious about the eggs...I mean spheres! =) I love the polka dots with the yellow and orange on top...I would never have thought to pair those two colors together but they really work so well together! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit! I was laughing out loud at the orbital bunny bombers :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm usually not one to gasp over printed totes, but the one you have is so, so cute! Ahh! Look what you've done, Lisa, converting me to a bird lover like you ;)

    Great pairing of prints and textures in your outfit. You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog via Gigi's blog and I really like your blog (and clothes) :P

    Orbital bunny bombers sounds very violent D: Poor bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color inspiration, Lisa! Love your outfit. Wasn't that a fun challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  7. People (especially teachers) shouldn't mess with tradition and a child's imagination. Just let it be!
    I saw your outfit on Molly's blog last month (?) and didn't think I had seen it before. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG love your polka dot skirt that is so e gorgeous draping on the front of the skirt! Ok but seriously griffons are your legs!!!!! They're like a mile long! I'm.so.jealous. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit. Beautiful! And that birdy bag is to die for.

    Egg story - someone needs to get the spring sphere out of their butt! Silly "teacher"

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL on the Orbital Bunny Bombers! PC has gone too far.

    Love the skirt. I got that same skirt in lighter blue. I remember I was exited to get it and my husband ask what is so special about it, you've got so many skirts. Errrrhhhhhh. That is why we wrote blog to show it with others who get it, right? Ruffle and dots, what else could you ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Inkmark, I too have the light Blue version of Leifsdottir's Vintage Dots skirt. Adorably adorned with Butt Ruffles. But I still love it. I wish I had the Yellow and the Navy version. I would definitely pair it up with some awesome Corals and Orange just as you did.

    Oh give me a break please. Spring Spheres! Tradition means nothing to some. OK! It's too early in the week to feel frustration.

    It never occurred to me before. But the Bouquet of Roses Heels are the perfect year round pair of shoes. Christmas, Easter, any old time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Orbital spheres. That must be a joke.

    You look hawt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable outfit!! love the polka dot skirt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect combo Lisa. You look gorgeous !! I so want that bag !! :)

    I'd love to colour block but I'm not bold enough..hmm let's see then..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks girls for all your sweet comment. I really appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete