Paying it Forward . . . 3 New Blogs You Should Check Out

When I first started my blog a few months ago, I felt like the lonely star in the sky. And then Kim was kind enough to add me to her blog roll list, then Liz, followed by Cee and then Jen . . . and suddenly my dark sky was brightly lit by stars. Later on AppGal did something surprisingly sweet; she included my blog on a post titled ~ Blogs You Should Read.

A lonely star in the sky

Compared to the other heavyweight bloggers out there who have reached supernova status, I'm a relatively tiny little star, part of a small constellation. And today, this tiny little twinkle of a star is paying it forward. 
Here are 3 new blogs you should read . . .

♥  Shopping For Two ~ Midory and Clara's blog.
I first discovered Midory and Clara's blog when Midory left a comment. And I went . . . "Midory? What a pretty name." Plus I remember reading this post on Roxy's EA blog by a girl named Midory and I was intrigued. (Midory, was that you?) And at first glance, when I saw their blog name ~ Shopping for Two, I assumed it was a blog about a mommy and her baby. You know when you're preggers and you tell everybody that you're Eating for Two as an excuse to stuff your face? Anyways, I discovered it's nothing of the sort. Shopping for Two is about two friends who love to shop and who love Anthro. And these two lovely ladies have the brightest and prettiest smiles.

Lovely Apidae ~ Kristin's blog.
When I first saw Kristin's blog name, I looked up Apidae, and this is what popped up:
FAMILY APIDAE (noun)  honeybees; carpenter bees; bumblebees.
And the Lovely Apidae is indeed a lovely fashion blog that is just buzzing with activity. Plus, I have found my  blogger twin in Kristin. Not only is she my Anthro kin, but she has 3 pooches too. And not just regular pooches, but shelter pooches. Kristin, you're a girl after my heart.

Objects of Desire ~ Inkmark's blog
I adore how Inkmark mixes and matches J.Crew and Anthro pieces. And her blog is a cornucopia of objects of desires. What can I say? A blog that lives up to its good name.

***Pay it Forward is a book written  by Catherine Ryan Hyde. Here is the gist of the story ~
Twelve year old Trevor takes on an extra credit assignment, and his teacher challenges him to come up with an idea that can change the world. Not only that, he has to implement his idea too. And so, Trevor comes up with a Pay It Forward multi-level marketing scheme of the heart. His idea simple ~ help 3 people in some way. Then, when they want to pay him back, he'd have them "pay it forward" to 3 other people. And they are to find 3 other people and help 'em out. You get the idea?

Here are 3 causes that I champion and truly believe in ~
♥  Best Friends Animal Society. They're a grassroots network of people and organizations that care about animals. And their motto is, "Don't Shop, Adopt."
♥  Animals Asia. Across Asia, thousands of bears live a life of torture on bear farms, so that their bile can be extracted and used in traditional medicine. This organization is committed to bringing the barbaric practice of bear farming and the bile trade to an end.
 Stop Pit-bull Fighting. To help this cause, you can click on the link and "Like" it on Facebook. Spread the word.

You HAVE to watch the video below; it is so ACHINGLY SWEET. James Franco is interviewed by 2 middle school kids. And this is what Franco said toward the end of the interview, "Whenever I help another person, it takes my mind off myself. And self-centeredness can be the large cause of unhappiness."
Plus Franco recites Byron to the girl. *SWOOOOOOOOON* I almost passed out.
***It's pretty long, but it's so worth it. You can just fast forward to the interview. 



And last but not least, I'd like to present the Star Blogger Award to Jen of Vintageglammz and Laura of Anthro Closet Chaos. These lovely ladies are the Tinker Bells of the Anthro blogging world . . . they sprinkle their star dust and magic on every blog they visit. It takes a hellavu lot of time and energy to visit and read other blogs, yet Jen and Laura always manage to find the time to leave sweet and thoughtful comments on SO MANY blogs. Jen and Laura, I salute you.

17 comments:

  1. No Way! Lisa! My first blog award. You have no idea what this means to me. That you included me with Jen is simply amazing. I remember when my Laptop went in for repairs, Jen told me not to worry about blog rounds. That as long as I could post she would read every one. And she does. She is far more deserving of this award than I. So, can I copy the star and place it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - lol, of course you can copy the star. It's YOURS. And Laura, you and Jen are indeed stars in my eyes. And don't worry about it when you don't have the time, it's that when you do, you actually take the time to say something thoughtful. Always. I've seen your comments on other blogs I visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, This truly means so much to me. And I plan to check out the three new blogs suggestions above. I enjoy sprinkling my fairy dust, Tinker Bell style. Love that comment BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww! Lisa, you just made my weekend! We are indeed blogger twins:) Thank you so much for highlighting my blog. It really means a lot to me. You are the sweetest girl!

    I love the best friends animal society motto, "don't shop, adopt"! I totally agree (obviously)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, In answer to where I found the De Chelly Dress. It was a pop back in my over inflated Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin - you're most welcome :)

    Laura - Thanks. I need to start adding items to my wish list. And I saw all your purchases. Holyyyyyy Molyyyyyyyy. You lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the shout-out Lisa! We so appreciate it! You are too sweet! And yes, that Midory is the very same Midory from our blog! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! My smile is from ear to ear!!!! This is so amazing! How can I ever thank you for this! this is so fantastic and so sweet of you... And your words are so kind! We now have followers thanks to you sunshine! :) You have made my weekend! And about posting comments on Effortless.. that was me!

    I have just found it so fantastic and inspiring to see all these wonderful women lay it all out there! How can that not be motivating! I am so happy and thankful that you have added us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lisa, you are definitely one of the brightest stars in the constellation. Size doesn't matter! Thanks for sharing these lovely blogs; I'm off to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I haven't realize what Laura's comment is about till I start checking blog updates :-) Thanks for the shout-out. It is so sweet of you. I agree with you, it is a lot of work to leave thoughtful comments because I often don't know what to say. I had always admire people who are able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a good heart Lisa..

    Well, that video..super OMG rasa nak pengsan tengok Franco! So sweet..awww hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lisa! I was away for the weekend, and so i have missed a few posts here and there. The lovely Laura left a comment for me about your post (thanks Laura!). Thanks so much for the shout out - i really appreciate it. Not to mention super flattered! *blush*
    People are free to comment on my post whenever they like to and have time to - doesn't have to be everyday or everypost :-) I had one nasty anon comment accusing me of writing "fake" comments on people's blog (same person who called me ugly!). This saddened me as the truth is that I read/skim read all the blogs i comment on and am genuine in what i have to say. of course, sometimes i leave a very short comment, but that is only because i have a vocab blockage and don't always know what to say.
    Anyway, thank you for thinking so highly of me and the bloggers you have mentioned in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yeh - one more thing...i've limited my posts to 2-3 times a week (no more). It gets too much. So the other days i just happily read through other people's blogs. Hence...why i have the time to comment..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clara and Midory - you're so welcome :)

    Cee - awww, thanks for all your support.

    Inkmark - you're so welcome :)

    Tiq - Apa khabar? I know right, saya pun rasa nak pengsan.

    Jen - You always come across as genuine to me. Just ignore the haters, I have come to realize that you can't please everyone. And it's bloggers like you who make this whole blogging experience fun. thanks for spreading your star dust. And I'm thinking of cutting down on my posts too, it's taking up so much of my time. I barely have time to read anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing those links. Might look at it tonight or tomorrow after work. Hope to see more of your blogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really great. I will look forward to your other posts.

    ReplyDelete