OOTD - Bye Bye Peggy Sue, Hello Endless Love, How to Stretch your Shoes with Ice, and How to Make Big Shoes Fit

I have found my 'sole' mate. When I laid my eyes on these gorgeous Bellina maryjane pumps on Jan’s blog, my heart skipped a beat. And I started crooning this song  . . .

My love . . . there’s only you in my life
The only thing that’s bright
My first love . . . you’re every breath that I take
You’re every step I make
And I (i-i-i-i-i)
I want to share, all my love with you
No one else will do . . .
And your eyes . . . your eyes, your eyes
They tell me how much you care
Ooh yes, you will always be . . . my endless love

Being the huntress that I am, I trawled the web in search of my sole mate. And I found not 1, but 2 sole mates. I only have one soul mate ~ and that's my hubby. But as far as sole mates go, I have a whole harem of 'em. And where did I find my Endless Love? Bwahahahaha on Endless.com.

These beauties are called the Minnie Flat by Pink Studio. They're very similar to the Bellina pumps, but they're flats (as the name would imply). They only had one left in purple - a size 5.5 and it was on sale for $53.76. It also comes in Black and White in other sizes for $75.02. And Endless offers free shipping, which was an added bonus. My regular size is a 6-6.5, and the size 5.5 fit me perfect. If it did not fit, I was gonna stretch 'em out using ice. See video below. I've tried this stretching method in the past and it works! ***Only with leather shoes though.

The Bellina Maryjane pumps (by Pink Studio) is available on Endless.com in grey, size 7 ~ here And they're also available in grey on Dnafootwear.com in sizes 7 and up ~ thanks for the tip Jan.
In purple and black, it's still available in several sizes on Village Shoes ~ I got my pair on their website (purple).The only pair close to my size was a 6.5. Unfortunately, it was a little big. So I did 2 things and Voila, the SHOE NOW FITS!!!
#1. I bought a thick pair of heel grips. You peel off the backing and stick it inside your shoe, where the back of your foot sits.
#2. I bought a pair of Dr. Scholl's Comfort insoles. And not only does it help my Bellina pumps fit better, they're now comfier than ever.
***You can also see these pumps (in both grey and purple) on Jacquelyn here


Lastly, it is with deep sadness that I'm saying farewell to the Peggy Sue. I own too many party dresses and try as I may, I could not dress down the Peggy Sue. So I thought I'd snap a pic of her before sending her back to the rack. My heart is breaking, but my wallet is mending. 

Dress ~ Anthro Peggy Sue/ Cardi ~ Anthro/ Necklace ~ Gorjana Star Mix Necklace (Shopbop online exclusive)/ Shoes ~ Bellina Maryjane Pumps by Pink Studio/ Bag ~ Tory Burch Norah Satchel


If a pair of shoes is no longer in your size, but it's available half a size smaller, you can make it work! Here's a tutorial ~ HOW TO STRETCH YOUR SHOES WITH ICE by Michelle Phan ***WORKS BEST WITH LEATHER SHOES.

19 comments:

  1. You look fantastic in the Peggy Sue dress - but sorry you couldn't make it work for your wallet! :o) That's OK though, because there are always new pretty dresses in the horizon!

    Thanks for the tips on the shoesies! Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new shoes! So pretty!

    Thanks for the shoe stretching tip. I have never heard of that method before, but it looks super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Peggy Sue dress but they are so sold out. Actually in the second picture, it looks doesn't look that formal. Love those shoes! I'd be really tempted if they had my size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New shoes are so cute! The detailing is exquisite. They kind of remind me of Ohio State's emblems on their football helmets. (Are you a college football fan?) I think they're supposed to resemble buckeyes. But this is a prettier and feminine version.

    I'm liking today's outfit! So many patterns and textures. How do you combine them all and make it work?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, i love the peggy Sue dress on you. It was one that i missed out on! What size is yours? and did you get it on sale? i want!
    I know what you mean about having too many party dresses though. Everytime i want to grab something to wear to the beach, ilook at all my dresses and think "*sigh* all too nice".
    I just LOVE those shoes!! so adorable. And thanks for the tutorial link. I have a few pairs that are a little too small for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I love those shoes on you! You made me go over to the site and gawk at them. Hehehe.

    Thanks for your wonderful post yesterday. You're so funny. I'm glad that your husband is at least able to share his love with you. I will continue to educate you so you can keep up with him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ! Never thought of that! Thanks for sharing that tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE them on you! I was tempted to try the purple version but I'm a 5.5 and regurally deal with floppy shoes, I just wasn't sure I wanted another pair I'd have to stuff with insoles. YOu are changing my mind though, these beuties would be worth it! So adorable, I'm glad you grabbed them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still mourn not being able to make the heeled version work. Sigh. I use shoe stretchers but will have to investigate this ice method.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww I love that dress on you! Especially the combo in the picture with the sweater/tights/shoes. But I agree that skirt looks impossible to dress down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I remember seeing that dress on anthropologie and they ran out fast! I'm glad you were able to snatch one. It's so pretty! I especially like the top portion. I'm glad you shared the shoe stretching technique, I've passed many a cute shoes because they were just a half size too small. If only i knew about that! although I don't the people living in my house would appreciate shoes in freezer, haha, can't wait to get my own place :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wait a minute, I didn't read your post all the way, You are letting go of the dress!! well, I'm also glad you took a nice picture of the dress before saying goodbye. I just adore the dreamy top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how sad! Bye Peggy!!!!!! But I agree, when I saw the dress on sale, I snagged it so fast the hanger fell off...But once in the dressing room, try as I might, I couldn't make it seem RIGHT! I'm still on the fence with the de chelly dress I bought in lieu of the Peggy. I'm attached to it (the de chelly) because it is a much cheaper/affordable version of the same silhouette LV has been showcasing (1950s pin-up/Mad Men-esque) buuut....again, it's tough to make a decision with this awful weather in Boston!
    ...Wow, I'm really rambling (haha!) Really the reason I wrote was to say that I LOVE your shoe tricks...ice, who knew?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. (And the gorjana star necklace....*LOVE*)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I can't wait to try the ice trick! Sounds pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bye Bye Peggy Sue, Hello Bellini Flats! That dress is so gorgeous. That would be tough to part with. But I think you are not so sad to get those adorable shoes. And thank for the great video tutorial. I have a pair of shoes, maybe two I just might try that trick on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. PERFECT! I love how you styled the peggy sue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ICE to stretch your shoes? Seriously? Pure genius! I have a couple of pairs that I had lined up to take to the shoe repair place but I'm SO trying this first! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had a pair of these shoes in black and a pair in white. I've worn them to death and I wish I could find them again!!

    ReplyDelete