OOTD - Cougar Dressed As A Cub?

This OOTD is what I sent in for Lisa's Respect the Outfits reader post (it won't go live till Wed), featuring an item from my closet that hasn't had enough love and why. 
~ Well, for me, that would have to be my Thousand Island Skirt. 
~ Why? 'Coz I'm concerned that it may be a bit too short for my age, and I don't want to go prancing about looking like a cougar dressed as a cub. But now that I'm giving this skirt some LOVE, I think the length is actually okay on me.
***On a more serious note, I just popped over to Jamie's blog and her dad was admitted to the ICU on Friday. And she has a special request today ~ to keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. Please do.

Top -Target Xhilaration Lace Tee $14.99. On clearance at my Target for $10.99. Chemise - Forever 21
Necklace - Star Mix Necklace by Gorjana
Skirt - Anthro Thousand Island Skirt (Summer 2009)
Shoes - Anthro Hallowed Halls Oxfords. These Soft Bow Mary Jane Pumps and Fish Bow Mary Jane Pumps are pretty similar and are by the same designer - All Black.
Tights - Anthro

7 comments:

  1. I REALLY like this outfit! I just bought a lace tee and have no idea how to style it, but this is just too cute and I'm going to have to steal it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too short? The skirt is the perfect length on you! Love all the other pieces you paired it with, especially your new Shopbop necklace!

    I'll be thinking of Jamie. Hopefully her dad will be making a speedy recovery.

    PS - Also really liking your new spot for taking pics. Your home is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not too short at all- and supercute styling. love those stripy tights as your major pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute outfit! I really like how you are wearing gray tights with these shoes. I think it looks better than with black tights. At least the first time I wore my shoes I didn't like the contrast of the solid black tights, but I really like the way this looks! I need to get some cool gray tights. I also want to make a cool and simple black skirt. Once I make it I will post it on my blog wearing these shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think the skirt is too short - it looks perfect with the tights. I am so sad I never got to try those shoes on...I was too slow. : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimmie - thanks 4 visiting! it's always nice to see fresh new faces.

    Cee - thanks 4 the feedback. i like the new spot better too, the old spot was a lil too dark 4 taking pics.

    Nadja - can't wait to see you wearing those oxfords on your blog!

    LC and The Damn Green Dress - mucha gracias 4 the feedback. The cougar diaries is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Shopbop necklace!

    ReplyDelete