J.Crew Fitting Room Reviews

I drank the Crewlade this past weekend. Well, I only had a tiny sip so I'm not suffering from Crewmorse. But I did try on a couple of Crewriffic numbers. Okay, okay, I'll stop with the Crewdorkness. Oh and btw, it's 40% off all sales items at the store. And for the Anthro chicks, I'll be hitting my Anthro store this weekend so I'll be posting some Anthro fitting room reviews next week.

I could not find this Mystery Dress on the website. So if you happen to know what it's called, feel free to chime in. I tried this on in a size 0. J.Crew sizes tend to run large so I sized down from my usual size 2. I like this smock. Simple, comfortable and a bonus - pockets! Wishlisted for a sale.



Nickleby Bib Top. I tried this on in a size 0 and I like the fit. Again, I sized down from a 2. I tried this Yankee top in dark slate gray here, and decided to try it on in waterfront this time. I adore both colors. If you've checked out my other review, you'll know that I'm a big fan of this top. Wishlisted for a sale.


J.Crew Nickleby Bib Top
J.Crew Nickleby Top

Stripe Drawstring Dress.  The nautical vibe of this dress is what drew me to it. I can imagine myself sailing in a yacht, across the Atlantic with the ocean breeze kissing my cheeks and my hair billowing in the salty wind. Tried this on in an XS. I'm not too sure if I like the fit. But as far as pricing goes - $69.50, it's pretty reasonable for J.Crew. Still, I'd wait for a sale.    

J.Crew Stripe Drawstring Dress
J.Crew Stripe Drawstring Dress


Sundrine Chambray Shirtdress . This shirtdress is now on sale for $69.99. I sized down to a 0, and it still fit like a potato sack. Hmmm, J.Crew needs to work on their sizing issues 'coz I'm definitely not a size zero. On their site, they have a size 00, and I think even that would be too potato sack-y.


J.Crew Sundrine Chambray Shirtdress

J.Crew Sundrine Chambray Shirtdress

J.Crew Sundrine Chambray Shirtdress

Shimmer pocket tank. I tried this on 'coz it was on sale for $9.99 plus an additional 40% off = $5.99!!! Well, after I tried it on, I realize why it's so cheap. The material is very, and I mean very sheer. The fit is not flattering at all. Tried this in a size S and it did not pass my Mommy Test (of hiding my lumps and bumps). So it's a pass for me. But, if you're looking for a tank with a bit of bling in the pocket, and you're blessed with washboard abs, this top may just be perfect for you. And it would make a good layering piece. For $5.99? It's worth a shot. Comes in charcoal, black and mossy oak. 

J.Crew Shimmer Pocket Tank in black

J.Crew Shimmer Pocket Tank in charcoal


Vintage cotton ribbon henley. It was 40% off the sale price ($29.99). So I paid $19. And now I see that it's only $12.99 online. Humph, I feel robbed. It comes in several colors - pearl, faded black, rose dust and orchid shadow (which I tried on in an XS). This cardi came home with me today as I wanted a cardi to match the Anthro top I'm wearing in the pic below. If you're looking for a simple tissue cardi, this one is a steal. And that wraps up the fitting room reviews for today folks.
***I also wore this cardi here

5 comments:

  1. Was gonna order the Chambray dress online, but in your pics, it looks a little too wrinkly for my tastes. I do like the 1st dress you tried on but could not find it online either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 PM

    Hey, I have that Anthro top too! I like it layered with that tissue cardi. Just checked out JCrew's site and they have it available in lotsa sizes and colors. Am thinking of getting one in each color. Can't beat that price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bib blouse and that first dress are cuties - I am going to have to keep my eyes out for those pieces. But strange placement of chest (or should I say rib cage?) pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, we don't have Jcrew here in oz :-(
    But these pieces are really cute and would make great casualwear. I love the stripe drawstring dress and would pick that up on sale if i were you. Oh and I always thought you were a size 0 as you look so petite?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I love your sense of humor, Lisa :) The $6 tank is such a steal. I've never seen anything that cheap from J.Crew before. Thanks for all the reviews. I've been sort of blah about their spring line.

    ReplyDelete