BOTW (Book of the Week) - A Thousand Splendid Suns

If you've read and enjoyed Khaled Hosseini's Kite Runner, this is even better than his stunning debut. This is a moving story that follows the lives of two generations of women in Afghanistan, and it gave me a glimpse into a culture that I knew so little about. This is a tortured, beautiful and powerful love story, an emotional tear jerker and a majestic historical novel all rolled into one fascinating and mind gripping read. I read this book in one day and it has stayed with me for several years now. A must read.
One of the best books I have ever read.
***Note - The trailer below is not an official trailer as the movie is still in production. The author of this trailer basically used clips from The Kite Runner movie.



2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too (and Kite Runner). So glad to hear they are making it into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 4 checking out my BOTW post! I'm so glad to find a fellow Anthro Book Lover! Yes, I am thrilled they're making it in to a movie! And Khaled Hosseini's should write more books!

    ReplyDelete