2011 Wishes and the New Year's Bloggin Eve Photo Contest

Here's to wishing all my lovely friends, family and readers a Happy and Prosperous New Year. To end the year 2010 and welcome the year 2011, I leave you with this image . . .

 
Oh, on another note, I submitted my pic for the New Year's Bloggin Eve Photo Contest, hosted by the beautiful Bonnie of Small Town Fashionista. Or as Bonnie calls it, "A Vision of the Future Inspired by the Past." Fancy, eh? The whole concept is to wear one of our favorite purchases this year and have the theme represent our New Year's Resolution. I thought it'd be fun to try and be creative. Plus Bonnie even threw in a $50 Anthro gift card as an added incentive and that I could not resist.

So my favorite purchase this year will have to be the Emerald Isle Coat by Elevenses. The emerald happens to be my birth stone and it is the sacred stone of the goddess Venus. It is thought to preserve love and the emerald has long been the symbol of hope. It is considered by many to be the stone of prophecy and for some the emerald acts as a tranquilizer for a troubled mind. Not only that, the emerald is said to bring the wearer reason and wisdom. So there. Donning the Emerald Isle coat has given me all these magical powers, it's soothed my mind and it's made me feel like the goddess Venus. Hah. Oh . . .  just ignore the ramblings of a demented mind.

To see what moi and other bloggers came up with, click here . My entry is basically a collage of all the pics below. *Sigh* I know, it sound so contrite and altruistic. My real resolution for the next several decades is to strive for smaller thighs and bigger bijongas. Not. Um . . . well, yes on the thighs and no on the bijongas. What's yours?



6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year back at you Lisa. And my new year's resolution is the same as yours - to strive for smaller thighs. lol. Like you pics! I do need to eat more greens too and that 3rd pic makes me wanna eat a hunk of broccoli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Haha. The penguins are really creeping me out. Just discovered your blog recently and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you Lisa! :) I love your collage of photos! I really wanted to enter the contest, but just didn't have time to get something together. Bonnie's photo is amazing! I like the fourth photo a lot, but I don't know if I could make that my resolution since I would break it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what lovely pictures for a collage! i can't wait to see it on Bonnie's blog.
    Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This idea is so cool. I love your last resolution! I'm going to steal it and substitute Anthro for J.Crew. Let's see how long that lasts :P Happy new year, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated New Year Lisa. Sorry this is a day late. I am one Filipina chick who enjoys reading your blog. And it's a good thing they don't have Anthro here in the Philippines, otherwise, I'd go broke. lol

    ReplyDelete