OOTD - Snowflakes and IHOPs

This sequined top of mine had been sitting in my closet for the last century, but after I saw Kim in a sequined cardi, it prompted me to drag it out of my closet. Kim had been inspired by Courtnee and I had been inspired by Kim. And maybe I can inspire another blogger and that blogger could in turn inspire another blogger, and soon we'd have a blog world that is bombarded with sequins. Now wouldn't that be lovely? Or not?
When my daughter saw me in this top, she said, "Mommy, you look like you have snowflakes on your shirt."
And it reminded me of something Bette Midler once said - "I always try to balance the light with the heavy - a few tears of human spirit in with the sequins and the fringes."
Bette Midler and sequins aside, I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas. Today, I woke up late and my husband and I felt like lazy bums. So we packed the kids in the car and headed over to IHOPs for a late brunch. Here's my OOTD and a few pics at the pancake house.

Top - AE
Jeans - AE Skinny Jeans
Cardi - Anthro. Similar here.
Necklace - a gift from my dear mom who bought it in Munich. (mom if you're reading this from across the Pacific ocean - HI!!!!!LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!!)
***And that's my lil pooch Chloe laying on the floor (just in case you think it's dirty laundry that I didn't bother to pick up).

9 comments:

  1. Likewise, I have a sequin top that's been sitting in my closet for years. And I may just drag it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:00 AM

    No sequins. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby - Do it! Bwar ha ha, I dare you to.

    Anon - Lol. Yes sequins. Yessssssssssssssssssss.
    And may your dreams be filled with sequins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, "like snowflakes" love the outfit! I don't have any sequin tops, but now i'm inspired to go out and buy one, even though boyfriend doesn't like sequins for some reason. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the sequins! And your daughter's right, they look just like snowflakes :) I love the cardi that you paired with it as well. It's an outfit I can see myself wearing... I think you may just have inspired me, Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the casual sequined look, especially with the stripes, my fave!

    Happy holidays, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your top provides the perfect balance of bling without being OTT. It's fabulous!
    I also love being inspired by other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olyvia - Well in that case I hope you'll go out and pick up a sexy sequined number and change your bf's mind ;-)

    Jen - I miss you on your blog and I'm having GG withdrawal symptoms. Arggh, can't wait till the next season! Does it air the same time in the Land of Oz as it does in Hamburger a Go Go Land?

    Cee - Yay! You've inspired me TONs. I still want a bal bag, but I'm afraid I can't afford it :-(

    Lisa to Lisa - Happy Hols to you too. And we can't have too many Lisa's in this world. And girrrrl, I RESPECT THE SHOES!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last picture is so stunning! I love your outfit, nice top^^

    ReplyDelete