BOTW (Book of the Week) - The Hunger Games

I've been sorely neglecting my book reviews. I've read over a gazillion jillion books, so it's hard for me to pick one to blog about. Although, one YA (young adult) series that stands out in my mind is The Hunger Games trilogy. For a YA series, I actually liked it better than Twilight.
Um . . . did I just day that?!? God forbid I feel the fiery wrath of the Twilight fans. Now Twi-hards, before you get your panties in a wad, this is what Stephenie Meyer had to say about The Hunger Games - "I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it...The Hunger Games is amazing."
And, this what Stephen King had to say - "The Hunger Games is a violent, jarring, speed-rap of a novel that generates nearly constant suspense...I couldn't stop reading."
It is a towering tale of epic adventure, political suspense and yes, like most YA books, there is a love triangle. This book does not disappoint. If you're a Twi-hard, this is a MUST read. 
***The author - Suzanne Collins has been a staff writer for several Nickelodeon shows, including the Emmy-nominated hit Clarissa Explains it All. 
Check out The Hunger Games book trailer below. 



8 comments:

  1. I am a total twi-hard (team Edward all the way baby!). i will have to give this book a go just cos you said so :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the 1st and 2nd book, is the 3rd any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I lurrrrrved The Hunger Games series so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - Let me know if you like the book. And sorry to say, but I'm team Jacob. But we can agree to disagree ;-)

    Olivia - Yes, the 3rd book is just as good!

    Marie - Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jordyn10:00 PM

    i was so pleasantly surprised by this book! a strong female protagonist and a non-sappy love triangle (at least in the book i've read so far!) can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordyn - Yes, I'm am totally with you. I like how the protagonist is no damsel in distress. Hah! She actually rescues the man and saves the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved this book! I read the trilogy, but the first one is definitely the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jewish Girl - Agreed :)

    ReplyDelete