Anthropologie Walkway Dress - Walk Away With or Without it?

I reviewed the Walkway Dress by Trace Reese last month and it just went on sale today. I tried this in a size S and it fits TTS. It was just MEH to me at full price, but now at the sale price, plus you take an addtional 25% off, plus free shipping, it has me reconsidering. Pros - I've had 2 kids and it hides my lumps and bumps. Also very comfortable. Cons - A tad long for my tastes. What do you think? Yay or Nay? Does it make me look too matronly? ***Btw this dress looks absolutely gorgeous on Michiko, check it out on her here. 
***After reading Beth's comment, I now realize that this dress also comes in another color! And I had no idea. I think I'm really digging the blue-ish/green tones. I've just posted another pic of this dress in that color. Thanks Beth :-)
*** I have a new posting where I wore this dress here.


7 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty print, and if the price is right I say go for it :) The length hits you at kind of an awkward place, so I'd probably get it altered to be around knee-length. I'm not sure how much that would cost though and may be too much of a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the dress! LOVE it on you too! I just ordered it in XS and S to see which size is best! :-) I ordered it all the way from this tiny town in Germany with spotty internet I'm stealing from the hotel next door, ha! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this dress and now own it in two colorways, so take all upcoming comments well seasoned with salt! But . . . for whatever it's worth, Vogue and W etc. are showing longer skirts lengths for spring. Not only the maxi length, but also at and just below the knee. So I expect that in three months what now seems dowdy will look glamorous and hip. The eye adjusts. Or . . . maybe this is just a bag of rationalizing hot air. :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cee - yeah, you're right. I'm gonna need to alter it 'coz I ended up getting it! :P
    I was afraid that by the time I decided, the dress would be sold out. It happens all to often with Anthro.

    Michiko - lol, I actually shopped all the way from Germany too. My sis lives in Munich and I was over there this summer when Anthro had a sale and I was like GAK!!! I need to shop!!! I wish I looked as good as you in the dress. Happy Holidays to u too, over there in Doytchland. Guten tag and Auf Wiedersehen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth - thanks for your little nuggets of wisdom :) ya know...you got me thinking that maybe I'll end up keeping it this length for a while and see how it feels. And yes, I ended up getting it. And you own it in 2 colorways?!? I didn't see it in the other color. What was the color combo? Hmm, am gonna do some googling now and see if I can find some pics. Happy Holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab dress! the picture is a little blurry, but i can see that it's a flattering and perfect fit on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:17 PM

    I actually purchased the dress in both colors! Love it and I'm sure you will too :)

    ReplyDelete