Anthropologie Fitting Room Reviews

It's my first time posting Anthro Fitting Room Reviews,  :-) So please be kind.

First one up is the De Chelly Dress by Maeve. I tried this in a size 2 and it fits true to size. I love the retro print and it's quite flattering. The material is a bit heavy and it's nicely lined so it's perfect for cold weather. I especially like how the straps are thick and wide.
Anthropologie De Chelly Dress
Seaside Fields Dress by Maeve. The pretty colors attracted me to this dress. This is a size 2 and it was a bit snug. I would size up on this one. The top is made of a heavy silk material and the skirt is corduroy. 
Anthropologie Seaside Fields Dress

Steamed Cappuccino Cardi by Guinevere. Now on sale for $49.99. I LOVE this cardi. It comes in a size P (petite) and I tried it on in both a P and an XS. Although the P is a better fit, I ended up going with the XS as I wanted it to be a bit roomy. The back of the cardi has a neat criss cross design/ruching/gathers. The pic below is an XS. This one came home with me today.
Anthropologie Steamed Cappuccino Cardi


Emerald Isle Coat by Elevenses. On sale now for $99. I know this coat is not for everyone, but I simply ADORE it. It's made of a heavy brocade material and the lining is pretty neat and funky. I don't own a brocade coat, but when I tried this on, I knew I just had to have it. I sized up on this one. My usual size 2 was a bit tight around the arms, but the size 4 fit perfect. I love the dark emerald green against the black. Plus green is my feng shui color. This was an early Christmas gift from my dear husband.

Anthropologie Emerald Isle Coat

Ishtar Gate Cardigan by Lilka. This cardi was by the Sleep & Lounge section and it caught my eye as I was heading for the fitting room. It was just MEH. A pass for me.
Anthropologie Ishtar Gate Cardigan

Flutter Sleeve Tunic by Fei paired with Whipped Woolens Cardigan by Bird on a Wire . Tried tunic in a size 0, Sweater in a size S (turquoise). I thought the tunic was a bit too low cut for my tastes, but I really liked the contrasting blues on the cardigan and it just went on sale for $49.95

Anthropologie Whipped Woolens Cardigan and Flutter Sleeve Tunic

Ascending Roses Top by Deletta. This is a size XS. Fits true to size. I think the fleur-de-lis design makes this blouse look quite romantic. But I didn't really like how it looked on me. The material is pretty thin and sheer. I've had 2 kids, and I had to suck in my belly so you wouldn't see my lumps and bumps. But I'm sure it could look really nice on someone else.  
Anthropologie Ascending Roses Top

Walkway Dress by Tracy Reese. I tried this on in a size S and it fits TTS. It just went on sale for $79.95, plus take an additional 25% off. I wasn't sure about this dress then, but at the sale price, I'm reconsidering. Pros - It is very comfortable and quite flattering (it hides my gut). Cons - it's a tad long for my tastes. ****I have a new post on this dress with more pics, check it out here



Stitched Border Sweatercoat by Guinevere. This is an XS. LOL!!! I couldn't stop laughing when I tried on this sweatercoat. I felt like a sherpa carrier! When I showed my husband, he said, "Honey, Hugh Hefner wants his bath robe back."
Anthropologie Stitched Border Sweatercoat
And this is what I wore today. Anthro Plaza Cardigan . . .
***To see more Anthro Fitting Room Reviews, click here.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:07 PM

    I really like the tunic and baby blue cardigan on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Emerald Isle Coat looks great on you Lisa. I wished my hubby would buy me one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitched border sweatercoat looked really good online, i'm glad you reviewed it. lol, I almost bought it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fav of all is the seaside field dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how paired the flutter sleeve tunic with the turquoise whipped woolens cardi. I'm glad the cardi just went on sale, I picked it up today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Love your blog! Wanted to ask, is the bag featured at the very top an Anthro bag?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anon, thanks 4 visiting. And yes, that's an Anthro bag, circa 2009. Sorry, but I don't remember the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:31 AM

    Thanks for your review of the Emerald Isle coat. I've been interested in it since it went on sale, but the reviews on Anthro's site made me worry about sizing. I usually wear a 2 in coats also, and I think I'll go for it and try a 4 based on what you said about sizing up. It looks very flattering on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:39 AM

    Thanks! We are the same size and your website helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To all the Anonymous readers, thanks for stopping by & taking the time to leave a comment. I'm new to blogging so I get excited whenever I see a new comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have so many of the same items I love it! I too have the plaza Cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:30 AM

    Excellent blog here! Additionally your website so much up fast!
    What web host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate hyperlink on your host?

    I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

    Feel free to visit my web page - nike free 3.0

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous8:08 AM

    This post is truly a nice one it assists new internet viewers, who
    are wishing for blogging.

    Here is my site :: ralph lauren polo sale

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Undeniably imagine that that you said. Your favourite reason seemed to be at the net the easiest thing to have in mind of.
    I say to you, I certainly get irked even as folks think about issues that they just do not realize about.

    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , other folks can take a
    signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you

    Also visit my web site ... Cheap Ray Bans

    ReplyDelete