Affordable American Girl Dolls

***I bet you never thought you'd see the words 'Affordable' and 'American Girl Dolls' in the same sentence :)
During my college days, I babysat for a family with three little girls who all had American Girl dolls. And when I saw the $100 price tag, I thought no way. I'd NEVER pay that much for a doll. Plus, when I say the girls dressed up in matching doll outfits, and the girls' mommy wearing the SAME outfit as the doll, I thought I had walked into the Twilight Zone. It was so bizzare!!! Well, guess what? I am now a mommy with two little girls of my own, and they are just BEGGING me for American Girl dolls. I still can't stomach paying that much for a doll, so after trolling the web, I came up with a great alternative. I present to you the Mini American Girl Dolls. They're only $14.93 ( plus FREE super saver shipping) and there's quite a collection of 'em. They make great Christmas gifts for little girls. I got my daughters the Felicity and Elizabeth doll for X'mas this year. They just came in the mail today and I am quite pleased with the quality and attention to detail. Check out the Mini American Dolls below . . .



My daughters' Mecca - The American Girl Doll store in Chicago.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Lisa, you have just made my day! These dolls will be under the X'mas tree for my fav. nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 PM

    many thanks! my daughter has been bugging me for an American Doll too, and this is so much more reasonably priced for someone her age (she's 4) and if she bangs it up, i won't have to worry 'coz i did not pay a whopping $100 for it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about My Sibling and My Pal 18″ boy and girl dolls which are high quality, reasonably priced alternatives to American Girl? Clothing and accessories are made in the USA, and our program benefits teens and adults with disabilities. We have BOY dolls, something that’s very hard to find. Dolls come with booklets about important topics for children, in which they can write their own story after reading informative text: My Pal for Going Green (caring for the environment), My Pal the Patriot (honoring people who serve our country), My Pal for Tennis (love of sports), My Pal for Peace (being a peacemaker), My Pal for Christmas (contains Christmas carols), My Pal for Hanukkah, and many more. My Sibling dolls come with booklets that teach children, from the perspective of the typical child what it’s like to have a brother or sister with a disability

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathleen,
    Sorry, I deleted your post my mistake, meant to delete mine coz I had a typo...Thanks for the good tip-having my daughters buy their own American dolls. I remember saving up to buy Barbie clothes and I definitely valued them that much more when I was footing the bill :)
    I just checked out your blog too it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:46 AM

    While the dolls are pricey, the quality of cheaper versions just doesn't compare to AG. I am a mother of 4 girls and therefore an expert in this department. My suggestion is to splurge on the doll. It will last if cared for properly. Then save your cash by shopping for off brand furniture and clothing. There are plenty of options out there. My favorite is My 18 Inch Doll (dot) com. Their selection is great, prices are the lowest and quality is just as good or better than the real deal. Even better, they offer free shipping on doll clothes. Sure you can take a chance on other brands for the dolls but I think you'll be disappointed. I know I was when I tried that! Never disappointed with My 18 Inch Doll though!

    ReplyDelete